- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 3 dozen fresh oysters in the shell, washed
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese, lemon juice and pepper.
Spread kosher salt into 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Shuck oysters, reserving oyster and its liquid in bottom shell. Lightly press oyster shells down into the salt, using salt to keep oysters level. Top each with 2-1/2 tsp. spinach mixture.Bake, uncovered, at 450° until oysters are plump, 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
1 oyster: 79 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.